Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sage words




Four days until Classic Quarter.  no room for doubt.  The hay is in the barn. What will be will be.  In the interests of "Total Training", a la UltraStu, I've been re-reading some motivational texts.  From the book Born to Run this quote from the mouth of Caballo Blanco is one of my favourites:

"Think easy, light, smooth and fast. You start with easy, because if that's all you get, that's not so bad. Then work on light. Make it effortless, like you don't [care] how high the hill is or how far you've got to go.

"When you've practised that so long that you forget you're practising, you work on making it smooooooth. You won't have to worry about the last one - you get those three, and you'll be fast."

Sometimes now I get easy.  Occasionally I get light.  I'm a long way off smooth and we can forget fast for now, but that doesn't matter.  On Saturday, I'll settle for easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment